Learning about water efficiency has never been so much fun!
See lesson below!
K-2nd & 3-6th
Observe, record, and identify water efficiency (water savings) and water conservation opportunities within our own homes and landscapes.
- Computer with Youtube Access to view Water Saver Episode 1
- Water Saver Episode 1 Quiz (PDF, printed, or Google Docs Form) and Activities
–Which Earth Hero Are You Activity
–Water Saver coloring page
–Water Supply poster
- Crayons, color pencils and/or markers
- Water Saver Episode 1 Students can individually watch a short, fun video introducing the various ways to save water with Ms. Smarty-Plants™ (MSP) and her Earth Hero, Water Saver! The video can be on Ms. Smarty-Plants™ YouTube page. If your group has scheduled a virtual visit with Ms. Smarty-Plants™, they should watch the video prior to her popping in to your class call.
- Assessment following the Ms. Smarty-Plants™ Water Saver video Students can take a fun, short quiz which will capture the level of information retained . We offer a lower grade fun quiz (K-2nd) and an upper grade fun quiz (3rd-6th).
- Staying positive & making a difference! We want to encourage each student to create their own Earth Hero moment, (see document “Which Earth Hero are You?”), so they can be shared with Ms. Smarty-Plants™ and the school’s water district.
Download Full Lesson Plan Here
Please share your Earth Hero moment with us! You can email your photos and stories to [email protected]
You can also share your Earth Hero moments on social media!
facebook: @MsSmartyPlants | instagram: @Ms.SmartyPlants
twitter: @MsSmartyP | youtube: Ms. Smarty Plants